Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I love lemon. Almost as much as chocolate.

yummy monday title button photo c41588db-8f15-4de5-90e0-d0ada37b9cd6_zpsf029cce8.jpg


The other day I was in the mood for something lemony.  This happens fairly often, and the typical remedy is making the best lemon bars in the world.

But it happened to be a Tuesday, which as you know means my parents were coming over to be guinea pigs for new recipes.  Therefore, I needed a new recipe.  I couldn't very well make my mom be a guinea pig for her own lemon bar recipe, no matter how good it is.

I began a search.  After perusing several lists and options, I decided to go with cake.

Why?  Don't ask me.  I just felt like cake.  On a whim I googled "lemon layer cake" and found this recipe on Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice.

Oh, my delicious lemony goodness.  Thank you for this recipe.

Now, I've not made a printable recipe card for you, because if you go to that blog, you can use the printer friendly version of HER recipe and quite frankly, I hate it when people steal my stuff, so I'm not going to steal hers.

Just know that it is NOT HARD.  It's really not.

And furthermore, it is the very first ever round cake I have ever made that has actually turned out.  In fact, while I was making it I was silently cursing myself for picking this recipe, since I've tried and tried again to make layer cakes and it just doesn't happen.  They fall apart.  They stick to the pan.  They implode.

But this cake... I can't explain what the difference was (trust me, I wish I knew), it slide so nicely out of the pan and rested with such relaxed ease on my cooling rack that I couldn't help but lap the kitchen in a victory dance.  

One change I made to the recipe was to add more lemon juice - both to the cake and the frosting.  I can't help it, I love lemon.  I nearly doubled it and it was fantastic.  So if you like lemon a whole lot, I encourage taking such action.

And now I leave you to make your own delectable lemon creations.






*Be sure to check below for all the fun parties I link to!*

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This looks sooo good!! I like lemon as much as chocolate too!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...