Monday, March 3, 2014

Choco-PB-Shortbread-aholics Anonymous.

yummy monday title button photo c41588db-8f15-4de5-90e0-d0ada37b9cd6_zpsf029cce8.jpg

This is one of those delicious, go-to bar recipes that makes a resurgence every so often in various forms.  The type of recipe you can't even remember exactly where it originated or how you came to be in possession of it.  A recipe that's probably as old as time (or at least as old as peanut butter is - when was that stuff invented?) and as such, has so many versions and morphs you likely have one somewhere in your books.  But there's a reason it's withstood time and alterations.
It's delicious.


Shortbread?  SHORTBREAD?  Do you have a love affair with shortbread like I do?  I'm not sure why, I can't explain it, other than it's basically the equivalent of eating a few sticks of butter.  Yum.
Kidding.
How can you improve upon shortbread??  ADD PEANUT BUTTER.  
Amiright?



The chocolate ganache is the cherry on top.  Just a bonus really, but totally not the same without it.  


It's likely that by this point you really want the recipe.  Happy to oblige.

No, I do not know how many calories are in one small square.  And no, I don't want to know.  Do you have to take the fun out of everything?

I'm not even going to apologize for introducing you to this delicious, sugary, buttery, caloric heaven.  No, I will not.  Even if you become addicted and need a support group.  Which I am about to start.  You're welcome to join me.





*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...