Monday, November 11, 2013

Sick of pumpkin?


Then how about peach?


Alright, I realize that peaches are mainly a summer fruit, but this recipe uses frozen!  So you can make it all year long!


Mr, who spent two years in Germany on a mission for our church, claims this kuchen is less than authentic.  BUT I have it on good authority - aka a google search for authentic German kuchen recipes - that it is.

So who's right I ask you?  mr, or the lady who posted her great grandma's recipe online?  And more importantly, does it matter?  Really?  When it's this tasty, I don't think so.  You try it and let me know.

I've changed a few things, so the recipe below is the way I make it now.


mr says it's also pretty common to use pears, apples or raspberries in kuchen.  I guess he'd know...  (I have made it with raspberries and it's pretty delicious)

I strongly suggest adding this guy to your go-to dessert rotation.  It's not super difficult and the result is well worth the effort.

Yum.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...