Friday, August 17, 2012

Start the School Year Right - Fawnda from Fireflies and Jellybeans

Today you get to see a super cute little gift from a favorite blogger of mine, Fawnda from Fireflies and Jellybeans.  Her blog is a great place to get some crafty inspiration - from her own tutorials AND from the weekly link party she hosts!
***
Hello Bugaboo, Mini, Mr and me readers!  I am so excited to be her sharing a fun teacher gift with you!
Let me introduce myself to you!
20120728_4426
I am Fawnda and you can find me at Fireflies and Jellybeans!  I am a thirty-something mom of a son (4 years old) and a daughter (2 year old)!  My Husband is my best friend and biggest supporter {I am every lucky}!
We have all sorts of fun over at Fireflies and Jellybeans! I share crafty tutorials with you, and we have a fun Show Off Your Stuff linky party on Thursdays.

Today I am going to show you a super easy back-to-school teacher gift.
Anyone can make this and it is super cheap too!  
Here is a cute simple gift you can make for your child's teacher. I was a middle school teacher for 10 years and I would have loved to get one of these!
Materials:
  • 4.25 X11 inch piece of card stock for box
  • 2 X 3.75 inch coordinating card stock for mat
  • 1/75 X 3.5 inch white paper or card stock for welcome back message.
  • ruler
  • Scoring tool (I use a rule and a skewer)
  • scissors
  • paper cutter
  • adhesive (I use double sided tape)
  • .5 inch hole punch
  • Embellishments
  • Water bottle

1.) On your 4.25 X 11 piece of card stock make score lines parallel to the LONG side at .5, 1, 3.25, 3.75 inches (I outlined mine in pencil so you could see them)

2.) Now make score lines parallel to the SHORT side at 4, 4.5 and 8.75 inches.


3.) Cut off the part that I have shaded below (click on the picture to make it bigger)


4.) Make a cut on the score line to make a little tab on the little square that is formed. ( do to both sides)


5.) Fold on all your score lines. make sure you make your creases really good.

6. Fold over the long sides to start to form the box and place adhesive on the the flaps that are made.

7.) Carefully adhere the flaps to the back of the box.

8.)Punch a hole using your 1.5 inch hole punch on the top flap of the box.


9.) Write your message and attach your embellishments and adhere to your mat. Then, adhere your mat to the box.



10.) Place on a new water bottle with a juice mix inside and you are all set!
Thanks for having me today! :)





Thanks, Fawnda!  What an adorable way to show some appreciation and start the school year off right!





*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...