Monday, August 2, 2010

A little off topic

I found a pretty little blog with lovely photos called Ramblings and Photos.  She does a weekly photo scavenger hunt and although I am NOT a photographer, I've really been wanting to join in.  I figured there wasn't a better time, since I won't be boring you all with photos for the shutter love Tuesday at Trendy Treehouse this week!  (I have to bore you with photos for SOMETHING.)
Again,  I'm certainly no photographer, but I gave it my all!





1. Wide Open
we've been getting a lot of rain (thunderstorms, flooding, etc.)  Which is annoying with a scaredy-cat 2 yr old, but with rain comes rainbows!
2. Clock
Look, I know this is a little bit of a stretch, but I realized last night (LATE) that I didn't have a clock photo, and so, I snapped this one of my most reliable alarm clock.  I don't have to worry about her batteries dying.  I don't have to reset her for daylight savings and I don't have to remember to set her or turn her on.  The downside is that she does not come equipped with snooze.
3.  Junk
This is my old camera, taken with my new camera.  I think it's self-explanatory.  I really ran that thing into the ground - you can tell with the scuffs, scrapes and dings, the scratched up lens and the broken latch there where the batteries go.  It's as junky as they come.  But it was good to me.  It's like saying so long to a friend.
4. Shiny
I sure do love the sun shining on the water!  And I sure do love a little boy in a little tube.
5. View from below
One view from our backyard, on a very clear day.  (maybe the rain has finally stopped for good?)


I know it's a departure from my normal Monday mornings, but I do have a love of photography (even though I know next to nothing about it.)  A pictures worth a thousand words, right?  Then I have nothing more to say.












linked:

3 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I'm so glad you've linked up and now I'm following you! Photographer or not, don't sell yourself short...looks like you've got a great eye. Keep shooting!

Unknown said...

I found you through the Ramblings and Photos Scavenger Hunt. I LOVE your picture of "Junk"! I have a PowerShot A550, and it is quite similar--practically trashed :) You have a wonderful eye for pictures.
What kind of camera do you have now?

Jhen.Stark said...

Ahhh, the clock one... absolutely brilliantly creative!!!! So true!!!! I agree with above comments, you take great photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...